Here is a sampling of the projects JLDA undertook in 2011:
- Neighborhood trash clean up
- A new look and expanded coverage for The Call, our bi-monthly newsletter
- Coordinating parking permits with the city
- Working with residents on a Train Quiet Zone
- Supporting the Oakland bid for an LBNL campus at Brooklyn Basin
- Holding a neighborhood meeting for businesses and residents to discuss late-night noise on Broadway
- Providing feedback and marketing information to new and potential businesses in the District
- Participating in the Neighborhood Crime Prevention Council
- Coming up with solutions to the District's pervasive dog poop problems
- Advocating for a greater presence in the Lake Merritt Station Area Plan
- Providing a forum for discussion of a new home for the A's.
- Investigating the possibility of a Community Benefits District for JLD
- Outreach to area HOA's and businesses to establish JLDA-community liassons
- Working with Redevelopment Agency and CalTrans to improve the underpasses
- Organizing a community design charrette for a future Webster Green
All members of the Jack London District community are welcome at Board and committee meetings. See the calendar for meeting times and places. If you haven't come to a JLDA meeting, 2012 will be an exciting year to get involved. We are always looking for more participation and help.
All the best in the New Year!